Thursday, May 24, 2012

WIN A $5.00 GIFT CERTIFICATE TO MUSA PUBLISHING


Visitors to this blog during the Musa Memorial Day Blog Hop can enter my drawing to win a $5.00 gift certificate to Musa Publishing. You can save it for my future release--Silhouette of Darkness or use it for any ebook(s) already available. The Rules of the Contest are listed below.

First things first. I want to take a moment to thank all the men and woman serving our country in the military and also those veterans who served in the past. I do not take the responsibilities and privileges of the freedom we Americans are so blessed with lightly and have the utmost respect and gratitude for the service each of you provide to make this possible. Happy Memorial Day to all of you all over the world!

COMING FALL 2012 FROM MUSA PUBLISHING:

My horror collection Silhouette of Darkness
Fear dons many masks in these dark tales of brushes with the uncanny.

In these fifteen tales of horror and dark fantasy, the supernatural abides in unexpected places--carnivals, drive-ins, the basement of a high school, or even a cherished home garden.

In these diverse settings dwell restless spirits desperate for answers, demons offering taboo pleasures in exchange for souls, and forces of Nature striking back at its poor custodians.

This silhouette of darkness exposes our forbidden desires and darkest fears, love and death, pleasure and dread.

I am proud to be partnering with Musa Publishing for this exciting release. I will be posting updates here when the release date is firm and cover art is released.

AND NOW---THE RULES OF THE CONTEST:

Anyone can enter the contest by doing three things:

1) Post a comment on the blog. You can leave me feedback on the blog itself (much welcome since I am new to this venture), comment on your experience with the blog hop, or say something about what kind of speculative fiction you enjoy and why.
2) Follow this blog
3) Add me as a friend on facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/groups/257306107640239/#!/george.wilhite.3

The contest begins at Midnight, May 23, 2012 and ends at Midnight May 28, 2012.

If you are the winner, you will need to provide your email address for delivery of the gift certificate.

The winner will be announced on this blog and my facebook page on Wednesday, May 30, 2012.

This contest is fully funded and operated by me and not Musa Publishing.

Thanks for participating and good luck!

17 comments:

  1. Nice to visit with you for a moment. Thanks for remembering those who have served present and past. BTW, I'm silly for good horror reads!But why the speculative fiction addiction? Because of the endless possibilities, my friend. An alternate history that never was or could possibly be, or might still come...we who write speculative fiction dare to test the limits. Did I mention my book Stealing Time is a Steampunk novel? We do enjoy our time travel and dirigibles. Quasi-physics and pseudo science with a dash of the real? Spec-Fi brings it on.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I will check out your book as well.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad for the hop & getting to add/follow you. I haven't been on much lately. Congrats on your book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi George. Congratulations on your upcoming release with Musa. Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by. I am very pleased with the Musa community.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm fairly new to the blog thing too, but it looks good so far. :) I just started one in January for my first release in February. I love Poe - funny story about him. I teach 9th grade, and we read "The Cask of Amontillado." After we'd already read it, we were reading something else creepy (can't remember what it was), and I'd asked them to come up with some mood words for the story. One of the kids said "Poe-ish." At first I laughed at his homemade adjective, but then I said, "You know, you are totally right. That fits perfectly. I think we should add that word to the mood words list." You could say, creepy, mysterious, disturbing...but why, when Poe-ish says it all in one word?

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!!! I'm sorry, but I have to share that my word verification for my last comment was "menstrual"! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Because of Musa authors like yourself, I'm knee deep in Musa books on my TBR. Help a sista out and let me win, will ya? :>).

    Oh, and best of luck on your blogging experience. I'm not as enthusiastic about it as I know I should be, but I know a pleasing blog when I see it. Thanks for inviting me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi George, your book sounds great. I love short stories. I love speculative fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your collection sounds nice and scary, George. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to all of you who have visited and commented so far. I am looking forward to the book's release. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. George, let us know when your book comes out. I love horror short stories, but don't read full novels so much. Looking forward to the variety in your stories. Best of luck - you'll enjoy Musa.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog looks good. I like the "window effect" background.
    I look forward to reading your collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback. I am new to blogging but want to make it a regualr habit now that I have a publisher (other than myself).So I appreciate any feedback.

      Delete
  13. Love horror shorts. Best of luck with your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will definitely post here when the book is out, and create a separate page here as I have for my first collection.

    ReplyDelete